Jewish Studies Teacher 2018
Commencing Term 1 2018.
12 Month Parental Leave Position
Be a part of the Bialik family and join a consistently top five VCE School. Foster love and knowledge of Judaism in a pluralist and positive environment
About Bialik College
Educators choose Bialik College because of our unique ethos, close-knit community and international reputation as leaders in education. All students attend one campus from the Early Learning Centre through to Year 12 in the Senior School.
The successful person will deliver Jewish Studies lessons across the secondary school. This full-time position may be combined with teaching in the History/Humanities areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver innovative and engaging Jewish Studies lessons for middle and senior students
- Cater for individual learning needs within the classroom
- Work collaboratively with the Jewish Studies and Humanities staff to develop and evaluate curriculum
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy and the qualities of life-long learning
- Contribute to the broader Jewish life of the College through involvement in festivals, special events and informal-education programs
- Monitor, evaluate and report of student progress
- Create a culture of learning within the classroom
- Experience in teaching across a range of year levels
- An openness to teaching across a range of thematic areas within Jewish Studies
- An understanding of the Victorian curriculum and different teaching methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- VIT registration is essential
- This position is open to graduate teachers
- Warm and vibrant collegial atmosphere
- On-site parking
- Outstanding professional development opportunities
How To Apply
Please apply via our advertisement on SEEK: http://www.seek.com.au/Job/34210422/?cid
Applications close Tuesday 5th September.