Primary Teacher (Prep - Grade 1)
- Commencing Term 1 2018
- 12 month parental leave position.
- Teach Prep or Grade 1 in our Early Learning Centre
Join our amazing Early Learning Centre and directly impact on the educational outcomes of some of our youngest students. Be responsibile for the education and welfare of all students in your care and oversee curriculum, planning and assessment of students. The role works closely with other year class teachers and reports to the Head of ELC.
Key Internal Relationships
- Assistant Head of ELC
- PA to Head of ELC
- Educational Coordinators
- Year level Teachers
- Coordinator–Hebrew and Jewish Studies (ELC and Primary)
- Student Support Coordinator
- School Psychologists
- Teaching Staff
Key External Relationships
- Professional Associations
- Regulatory Bodies and Educational Institutions
About Bialik College
Educators choose Bialik College because of our unique ethos, close-knit community and international reputation as a leader in education. The College is looking for suitably qualified professionals who will be supportive of the pluralistic ethos of the school which is underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, perseverance, empathy and responsibility. Applicants of any, or no faith, are equally encouraged to apply
About The Position
Be responsible for the education and welfare of all students in your care and oversee curriculum, planning and assessment of students. The role works closely with other year class teachers and reports to the Head of ELC.
- Base teaching on best theoretical and practical knowledge and knowledge of each student's development, skills and interest.
- Identify and cater for individual learner needs, collaborating with other teachers and specialists staff in the College.
- Provide an environment that promotes the cognitive, physical, emotional, social and intellectual wellbeing of all students.
- Work closely with parents regarding the progress and development of their children.
- Participate in the creation, development and evaluation of curriculum.
- Design lesson plans and assessments that reflect a deep understanding of the content
- Stay informed regarding current trends, teaching practices and curriculum and resource developments by remaining in contact with relevant associations and other professional networks.
Personal Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and teaching experience and VIT registration is essential.
- An ability to work as part of a vibrant and dynamic team of educators.
- Demonstrate anability to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents and the broader school community.
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE ADVERTISEMENT ON SEEK: http://www.seek.com.au/Job/34224471/?cid=
Applications close COB 4th September however interviews may commence prior to this date upon receipt of suitable applications.
Bialik College is committed to protecting children and young people from harm therefore all potential employees are screened accordingly.