Bialik College | Be your best

My Bialik

Welcome back to school - a message from Principal Jeremy Stowe-Lindner

ELC, Primary School, Middle School Senior School

Shalom Kehilla

Welcome back! I hope that you have had a most enjoyable summer and all children are rested for an exciting new year. 

You may notice some changes that have taken place over the summer. Our tennis courts have been resurfaced with a brilliant blue, and the ELC undercroft flooring has been replaced. Middle School has two new classrooms and the Mifgash (Centre for Informal Education) has been redesigned to enable more flexible opportunities for our students. The works around Reception and the administration offices (following last year’s sewage leak – yuck!), as well as the new lamp posts on the path down from the ELC,  are nearly complete and we hope to move in over the next fortnight. 

Next week is Tu B’Shvat, the New Year for Trees (ראש השנה לאילנות Rosh HaShanah La’llanot) which falls on the 15th day of the Hebrew month of Shvat. Judaism is unique in having a new year for trees, and just as we celebrate our beautiful Bialik environment at the start of this school year, so too is this an opportunity to reflect on sustainability, our environment and the shade and sustenance that our trees provide us. 

Whilst Bialik has been open for only two days for students, the teachers have been busy over the summer, moving into their learning spaces and planning their lessons. Our new Mazkirut (student leadership team) in Year 12 has exciting events planned, Year 11 have returned from China and Israel following a life-changing experience there, and Year 10 Hadracha (leadership) begins. Last week the School Musical Intensive took place and we are all very excited for what promises to be another Bialik spectacular in the form of Hairspray!

On Sunday, the ELC was delighted to host the Kinder 3 Welcome Morning and we all welcome our 126 new students to the College. I would like to thank all of the community in extending the hand of friendship to new students and families in the corridors and playgrounds.

In my address to staff last week, I wished them - as I do every January - ‘a challenging year’. Through challenge we grow, and in this spirit, I wish all of our community a year of health, happiness and challenge!

B’Shalom, 
Jeremy Stowe-Lindner
Principal

Harrry hendel-Oliver Fromm-Jem  Attar-Sammy Volchek-Max Wolf-Isaac Pinczewski-Noah Lust-Joel Krongold-Elijah Cohen.JPG