The Evelyn Hellen Library is an important learning and social hub for the school. The Library uses many online resources to provide information, these include a dedicated library area on the CLE, the Library Catalogue, eBooks, online journals and digital resources.
To support learning the Library has recently introduced a number of themed print and online collections. These are focused around the following three cross curriculum threads within the new Australian curriculum: Indigenous understanding, Sustainability, and Australia in relation to Asia. The Library has also repositioned and refreshed the Hebrew fiction collections as well as introduced a Kitchen Garden Collection.
In the Library, students and staff have access to quiet study spaces as well as collaborative learning spaces and education technology. In particular:
- Senior Library — Spaces for older students to study, learn and read
- News Cafe — a social learning space that focuses on new and breaking news, current affairs, newspapers and magazines
- ColLABorate — a space for students to learn and study in groups
- Seminar Room — class room and extra senior student study space
- Year 12 Study Lounge — quiet study space set aside for Year 12 students
- Junior Library — Spaces for younger students to study, learn and read
- InterACTIVE — an engaging space for students to produce and consume information
- Story World — an engaging space that supports literacy among younger students
- Archive Collection Room — preserving the important and unique parts of the Bialik College Library print collection
In addition, the library runs regular Lunchtime clubs for students, including the Chess Club, Swap Card Club, Craft Club and others.