ELC Kinder 3-Year 1
Bialik College’s Early Learning Centre is a registered Long Day care centre. It is inspired by the Reggio Emilia educational approach which challenges the role of educators to strive to make visible the curiosity and resilience of the young child through active listening. The school values of respect, perseverance, integrity, empathy and responsibility are lived and practised every day.
A modern kitchen prepares fresh and nutritious lunches for the kinder children. They eat together in a bright and airy communal dining room. Classrooms have designated studio spaces for exploration and innovation, which flow through to individual outdoor garden and play areas. Here, children are free to explore the concept of sustainability, planting and harvesting from the vegetable gardens (and to enjoy seeing “their vegetables” used in the lunch menu).
In line with the Reggio Emilia-inspired philosophy, our youngest learners are encouraged to be risk-takers, to test theories and to question, and in doing so acquire sound basic skills in all areas including technology.
At the ELC,
- a full-time Arts educator supports children and teachers in the use of materials and developing ideas
- a dedicated E-Learning Coordinator scaffolds the children’s and teacher’s use of technology
- construction in the ‘Loose Parts’ outdoor area offers children time to design and build with recycled materials
- a full time designated Hebrew speaking assistant supports the child in developing an awareness of who they are as active members of the Jewish and global community and with a strong connection to Israel
- the ‘Centre for Hidden Treasures’, unique to Bialik ELC, offers children and teachers a rich source for the imagination.