The Bialik College Parents’ Association wishes everyone a speedy and healthy extended ‘circuit-breaker’ lockdown. If you are currently queuing for the Pfizer vaccine or are still stuck on hold to the hotline, here are a handful of ideas to help pass the time:
- Check out Time Out Melbourne (Time In) for some useful tips about surviving another lockdown in Melbourne: https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/things-to-do/time-in-the-best-things-to-do-at-home
- Check out these audio meditation apps for decompressing: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/the-7-best-meditation-apps-to-add-some-self-care-to-the-daily-grind/
- Look up classbento.com.au or go to https://www.facebook.com/MerrylsMosaics/ to purchase and have delivered a craft activity (it may even arrive before you get home)!
- Create your own age-appropriate Escape Room at home with helpful hints online for some great family fun:
Some good free DIY escape room puzzle ideas include:
- Compose a message with invisible ink
- Place a clue inside a balloon
- Leave a diary lying around
- Bury a clue inside a hollowed-out book
- Use a letter lock
- Use your phone as a lock
- Write instructions in a foreign language
5. For a limited time, The Melbourne Theatre Company are offering their plays to viewers online, including ‘Berlin’: https://www.mtc.com.au/plays-and-tickets/whats-on/mtc-digital-theatre/
6. Plan and get creative with your leftover vegetables in the fridge to make a hearty winter soup (Calling to mind the folktale about the Magical Stone Soup https://dltk-teach.com/fables/stonesoup/mtale.htm).
We will get through this together. Stay safe and well and see you soon!
Comments are closed.