Bialik College is pleased to offer a limited number of Sport Scholarships to internal and external students entering the Middle School in Years 7 and 8 in 2019. The value of these part scholarships is at the discretion of the College and the duration of the scholarship will depend on the year level into which the successful applicant is entering in 2019.
Sport Scholarship recipients are required to contribute to all sporting activities that the school undertakes and to continue in their chosen sport for the duration of the Scholarship (through Middle School) as well as participate in the wide range of opportunities available at the College and to respect the Mission, Vision and Values that govern the College.
Scholarships may be granted to the students who demonstrate outstanding sporting ability by meeting the following criteria (required by ALL applicants):
• Competed in a state level or equivalent competition in a Bialik College sport: swimming, athletics/cross country, football, soccer, netball, basketball and hockey
• Demonstrated positive role modelling to fellow students and peers in all sporting programs
• Evidence of current (within the past two years) in-school and out-of-school sporting achievements. Please list all achievements and provide documentary evidence, e.g. photocopy of certificates, medals, etc.
• Up to five minutes of recent video evidence of yourself, playing in a competitive game, in the sport of your choice. This must be continuous play and not a series of highlights.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to attend an interview with the Principal and Head of Sport, however such an interview does not necessarily mean that a scholarship will be offered.
Applicants for Sport Scholarships are not required to sit the examination for an Academic Scholarship, but may do so if they wish. However only one type of Scholarship/Award can be held at any time.
APPLICATIONS for 2019 SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Applications for 2020 Scholarships will open in December 2018.
- Sport Scholarship application will open on 4 Dec 2017
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Click here to download a Sport Scholarships form
- APPLICATIONS: Mon 4 Dec 2017 to Mon 5 Feb 2018 at 5.00pm.