Primary School Writer’s Workshop
This term, 16 students from Years 4 and 5 met weekly for a Writer’s Workshop series run by Beth Cregan from “Write Away With Me.” The series of workshops followed the theme of living statues with our students bringing a world known statue to life through their writing. Over the six week period, they wrote, edited and completed an original short story, exploring and using these essential elements:
• creating a setting
• developing a character
• plotting and planning a story
• writing great beginnings and endings
• building tension and suspense
• using imagery and descriptive language to capture ideas
• editing, using a range of effective techniques
The series concluded with the students inviting parents in to share their stories and writing process.
Comments are closed.