Well done to the brilliant Class of 2017 for their outstanding results and for a fantastic year in all aspects of College life. Click the image to enlarge.
Some highlights of their involvement include:
- $30,064 raised for external charities
- 100% of students “buddied” together with a Prep student throughout their final year of study
- 22% of students voluntarily held school leadership positions in the Mazkirut (school leadership team)
- 54% of the year level completed leadership training and went on to mentor younger students during their senior years
- Over a quarter of the cohort were involved in and leading Zionist Youth Movements during their VCE years
- Well over a quarter of students will participate in year-long Israel gap year programs which include volunteer work as part of the experience
- 80% of Year 11 and 60% of Year 12 competed in competitive interschool sport and the College has won more sports awards than in any other year in our history
- Over half of the students were involved in visual and performing arts events during their VCE years
The following results also reflect the commitment and hard work of the students and their dedicated teachers:
- 13% of students scored 98 and above, placing them in the top 2% of the State
- 34.8% scored 95 and above, placing them in the top 5% of the State
- 56.5% scored 90 and above, placing them in the top 10% of the State
- 6 perfect study scores of 50 across 6 subjects
- All 5 students who undertook Tertiary Hebrew at the University of Melbourne and Tertiary Accounting & Finance at Monash University achieved High Distinctions
- 34.9% of study scores were over 40 placing them in the top 8% of the State
- The median study score was 37 and the median ATAR score was 91.45
Congratulations go to the 2017 Bialik College Dux Cara Davies for achieving the remarkable score of 99.85 and three perfect study scores.
Comments are closed.