Bialik College is a leading independent, co-educational, pluralistic Jewish Day School, situated on one campus in Hawthorn. Bialik celebrates diversity and inclusion in its workforce, and has a thriving culture based on community and excellence in education. Our workforce is comprised of employees from a diverse range of faiths and backgrounds.
About the role
The successful person will deliver Hebrew/Jewish Studies lessons across the Primary School. This is a Part-time (0.5 FTE) role commencing January 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver innovative and engaging Hebrew and Jewish Studies lessons for Primary students
- Cater for individual learning needs within the classroom
- Work collaboratively with the Hebrew and Jewish Studies staff to deliver curriculum
- Assess, evaluate and report on student progress
- Ensure smooth handover with teacher on leave prior to commencement and on conclusion
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy and the qualities of life-long learning
- Contribute to the broader Jewish life of the College through involvement in festivals, special events and informal-education programs
- Create a culture of learning within the classroom
Bialik College is located close to the Monash Freeway and Tooronga Station.
- Free secure onsite parking.
- Additional Paid Jewish Holidays
- Be part of a wider school community and a supportive environment
- Salary packaging options.
- Local retail discounts.
- Safe & secure environment
Skills and experience
- VIT registration is essential
- Outstanding ability to communicate and inspire.
- Demonstrated contribution to Jewish life.
- Fluent in Hebrew (spoken and written)
Please submit your application directly through SEEK.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Comments are closed.