Foster a lifelong love of learning
Bialik College is school where we all grow together. Staff and students are encouraged to celebrate a lifelong love of learning and a commitment to community.
Our staff members are our most valuable asset, and it is our long-held belief that the single most significant determinant of student achievement and well-being is the quality of our staff. We demonstrate our commitment to our teaching and non-teaching staff by investing in their development and maintaining an enjoyable and fulfilling learning community.
Our excellent staff continually strive to improve their skills to match or better best practice, and we carefully select new staff for their expertise, enthusiasm and commitment to education.
Bialik College is an equal opportunity employer.
All staff and applicants for roles at Bialik College must possess the following in relation to child safety and wellbeing:
- Must provide evidence of all essential or relevant qualifications required to fulfil the role.
- All teachers are required to hold a valid registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT), or in the case of all other staff (who do not hold a registration with the VIT) must hold a valid employee Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Must possess the expected knowledge of child development appropriate to their role.
- Where a candidate does not possess this experience, they must demonstrate a willingness to develop this.
- Willingness to comply with and uphold the Bialik College Child Safety & Wellbeing Policy.
- Alignment with the College’s values and commitment to child safety & wellbeing and the prevention of child abuse and harm.
- Valuing the physical and emotional needs of children.
- Respect for professional boundaries and the rights of children.
- Valuing Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders cultural safety and inclusive practices for all children and their families.
- Care and compassion for children and those in need of support and protection.
- Sense of responsibility for the protection of children from abuse, harm and neglect.
Requirements, Duties & Responsibilities
- All staff are required to complete regular child safety & wellbeing training as outlined in the Child Safety & Wellbeing Policy.
- All staff have a duty to fulfill the mandatory reporting processes as outlined in the Mandatory Reporting Policy and the Child Safety & Wellbeing Policy.
- All staff have a responsibility to report concerns and risks to child safety and wellbeing.
- All staff have a responsibility to review updated policies.
- All staff must ensure compliance at all times with the School’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy (and incorporated Staff Code of Conduct) and complete regular training in Child Safety standards.
- All staff must promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services.
- All staff must ensure that your own, and others’, interactions with children and young people are positive and safe.
- All staff must provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge.
Bialik College ensures that its strategies, policies, procedures and practices meet all Child Safety Standards as specified in Ministerial Order No. 1359 (2022).
Successful applicants must have the right to work in Australia, will be subject to background checks and teachers are required to provide a current VIT registration. Applicants are encouraged to read and familiarise themselves with our Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy (and incorporated Staff Code of Conduct).
Please see below current employment opportunities and details on how to apply.
Tuesday, 12 Sept 2023
Teacher Primary Art
About Bialik CollegeBialik College is a leading Independent Jewish School located in Hawthorn. At Bialik, we celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce, and enjoy a thriving culture based on community and excellence in education. Our workforce is comprised of employees from a diverse range of faiths and backgrounds. Candidates...
Tuesday, 12 Sept 2023
About Bialik CollegeBialik College is a leading independent, co-educational, pluralistic Jewish Day School, situated on one campus in Hawthorn. Bialik celebrates diversity and inclusion in its workforce, and has a thriving culture based on community and excellence in education. Our workforce is comprised of employees from a diverse range of...
Friday, 08 Sept 2023
Teacher - VCE Media & Digital Technologies
About Bialik CollegeBialik College is a leading Independent Jewish School located in Hawthorn, close to the Monash Freeway and Tooronga Train Station. At Bialik, we celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce, and enjoy a thriving culture based on community and excellence in education. Our workforce is comprised of employees...
Thursday, 07 Sept 2023
Bialik's Children Centre (0-3 years') opened in July 2019, following the completion of the newly built facility. Our Children Centre, which forms part of Bialik’s award-winning ELC, provides a flexible and nurturing environment for babies and toddlers aged 3-months to 3-years. Bialik College is committed to child safety. Our school...
Thursday, 04 May 2023
Room Leaders & Educators
Multiple Positions Available! Bialik Children's Centre (BCC) 0-3 opened in July 2019, following the completion of the newly built facility. Our 0-3 Centre, which forms part of Bialik’s award-winning ELC, provides a flexible and nurturing environment for babies and toddlers aged 3-months to 3-years. Bialik BCC 0-3 is part of...